Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Second Sale & Screen Printing Update

YAYAY!  I made my second sale on Etsy and the buyer left amazing feedback! I'm feel as high as the ocean is deep!

Only problem is now I have to build some more inventory.  If only I could do this screen printing thing right.  Last time was another fail.  I think the emulsion was a bit uneven (due to application with a squeegee that's too narrow) and that I didn't expose my images for long enough.  But at least this time, no light bulbs exploded and I had a bit less of a mess on my hands.  The image actually was printed on the screen, it's just that is go washed out in the areas where the emulsion was too thick.

I think I'm going to be able to reclaim the screen as well (I haven't done it yet because I can't even look at it right now I'm so upset.  I put it out on my patio that I never use).  There's nothing worse than working on something for 8 hours and achieving a negative result.  FML.

Solution: order a scoop coater, wait for it to ship, try again.  Three times a charm, right?  If I fail after all this, I'm taking one of Spins and Needles' Silk Screening Workshops in October.  Who am I kidding?  I'll do the workshop anyways.  I lurve those guys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...