Monday, November 7, 2011

Leslie Feist: Metals

Not long after the album's release on October 4th of this year, I purchased Leslie Feist's newest album, Metals.  I blog about it only now, more than a month after, because I had to let it sink in.  Metals has been in an endless spin on my turntable ever since I got it & I have to say: I love this album.

It's so different from her previous albums, but it's so Feist.  The vocal harmonization on Bittersweet Melodies gives me goosebumps... & I can just picture a crowd of friends swaying in unison & singing along to the la la la parts.  The lyrics to Comfort Me ring so true to me. A Commotion is another of my favourite tracks because of it's Andrew Bird-esque arrangement.  I'm not sure if she's using violins through the Janus Horn (a spinning phonograph style speaker) to get the effect, but it sure sounds like it - sounds like awesome.  Potential hipster anthems include: Graveyards and Comfort Me.

Stream the ablum here.

I'll be attending her show at the National Arts Centre in Ottawa on Monday, December 5th, 2011 & so should you.  Tickets are still available. I'll let you know if it's as good as her Reminder tour :)

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh frig I have been meaning to give this a listen. I am even MORE curious now! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. and p.s. I am actually a winter running sissy so i'm trying to suck it up and face the cold more often with warmer gear! I hate having a cold neck!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...